Two years ago, I was arriving at Barajas Airport in Madrid utterly scared and also excited to start a new life. Jimmy and I didn’t know what to expect since this was our first time in Madrid. We left behind so many things and felt heart-broken for many reasons.
I remember being scared to come here just for the reason that eventually I would have to leave again. But here we are two years later blending in this lovely city. I didn’t look back: I just said good-by to my family and left. No farewell parties, no calls, no social media “I-am-leaving” posts. We just took our things, our hopes and dreams and left for a better life.
So how can I manage to resume our two years here without making this a tremendous long post? With a list, obviously. 🙂
- Two years, two different apartments. Our first one sans elevator and the second one with a lovely terrace.
- I have two of my old friends from school here in Madrid, but in these past two years I have made incredible new ones. I am so grateful for that.
- We have built a solid video reel with all the things we have filmed since we got here.
- In two years we have changed from one music producer to another (It didn’t actually work out for us, but still keep in touch because they are good friends). Now Jimmy and I haven’t stopped making music because we found our music flow together and we are loving it. I hope to share some new music soon.
- Talking about music, I wrote a song for the SRF Eurovision Switzerland Song Contest and we made it to the final 6 from 400 people! It was an amazing experience!
- I traveled to Paris, Pisa, Zürich (two times) and Thessalonica (3 times). I also made a fast trip to Miami with my parents. These two years have been busaaay!
- Nina moved in with us last year and I was the happiest person on earth to have my little monster here.
- I finished the first draft of my book. It is still a work in progress but I am trying to squeeze the time to actually polish it.
- I work every single day to get what I want, I feel I have made such a big progress but there is still so much to do.
- Finally, I am still learning new things every day. Madrid, you still haven’t seen the best of me. 😉