There is a magical thing about pies that make me happy every time I bake them. I love making the Paleo version, the sugar-free one and also the gluten-free pie, but today I want to share with you three delicious recipes I found on Pinterest that I am excited to bake for my loved ones. I tried to look for the «healthy» version of the pies, you’re welcome.
1) Lighter lemon meringue pie (you can find my version of the lemon pie here)
2) Strawberry pie
3) Healthy blueberry pie
I made this pie for my birthday. It didn’t last a second after the «happy birthday» song. You should know that you need some time to bake this because it is divided into three different processes. I have to say this is one of my favorite desserts so that is why I learned how to bake it.
Ingredients for the crust:
– 150 gr butter (room temperature)
– 1 3/4 cups flour
– 1 whole egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
– In a bowl mix butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add flour, sugar and cinnamon. Mix with your hands until you have a firm ball. Spread in a pie pan and pinch the crust several times with a fork.
– Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust gets golden. Let cool.
Ingredients for the filling:
– 1 can condensed milk
– 3 egg yolks (save the egg whites for the meringue)
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the already cooled crust. Now it’s time to make the meringue.
– 3 egg whites
– 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
– In a bowl mix the egg whites and slowly add the confectioners sugar and the cream of tartar. Make sure you electric mixer is grease-free and very clean because the meringue will not come out as expected. Mix until your meringue form nice peaks. Pour the mix into a piping bag and decorate your pie as desired.
– Bake for 15 more minutes or until the meringue gets brown peaks.