I hate to have tons of things in my carry-on bag every time I travel. It’s uncomfortable, annoying and normally you end up bringing things you don’t need. That’s why I like to keep it simple and practical. I am going to give you a peek inside mine.
I always carry my handbag with the essentials for the airport and a small square travel case that is practical and fits under the front seat in the airplane. When I travel overseas I usually add black sweatpants and a cozy long-sleeve sweater inside my carry-on that I use as a “pyjama” because I hate sleeping in jeans or pants. I always change before landing.
These are the items I normally take with me. I didn’t add them to the picture but I also take a small purse with travel documents, my Kindle and a travel-size makeup bag.
1) You really need these. Sometimes you arrive at the airport with a fabulous face other times with a no-friends-face after a long flight.
2) My purse and my travel documents purse.
3) Sleep mask. I can’t sleep if everything is not pitch-black, so these don’t leave my bag.
4) My Iphone.
5) Planes get chilly, so I learned to a-l-w-a-y-s bring a shawl.
6) Face wipes. I take my makeup off on long flights and re-apply it before landing. So these are really helpful.
7) A pair of socks. I like to wear them before I fall asleep. Never walk on the airplane with bare-naked feet. Just don’t.
8) Bobby pins, hair clip and ear plugs.
9) Band-aids, toothpaste and toothbrush (missing from the picture above), travel-size perfume, sanitizing hand wipes, travel-size Nivea cream, sugar-free candy, lip balm, face lotion and Tide travel-size.
10) The case where I put #8 and #9.
11) Small hair comb and a pen.
12) My passport (well, obviously).
Everything fits here. I also have space for some granola, magazines and my camera.
Do you guys have any travel essentials?