1) My legs are sore of so much walking.
2) I can’t explain this wonderful feeling of walking in the street and feeling the fresh air in my face.
3) I love to walk and walk and wander around.
4) I see small coffee shops and old streets.
5) I stare at the «tapas» in every Madrid’s restaurant tables.
6) I drink «cafe con leche» like crazy.
7) I am like a little bird who has finally opened the small cage and is flying through the trees.
8) I get overwhelmed, I sometimes let go a tear or two but this time because I am free.
9) I don’t hide my phone in the streets, I don’t worry every time I go to the supermarket because I know I will find the things I am looking for.
10) I miss my sister, my mom, my dad and I can’t walk by a dog without missing Nina.
11) This has been hard. I try to focus on the things ahead but somehow I find myself remembering the things I left behind.
12) I am scared but also excited to start this new adventure.
The weather is starting to get a little chilly and the summer heat is far forgotten, but I am happy that this time my hands are the ones who are cold and not my heart.
I am ready for you Madrid.
There we were, climbing up the stairs of an old building. All I was thinking was «what did we get ourselves into?». But when the owner opened the big wooden door, we were relieved. A small hallway hugged us with a warm welcome. Natural light was peaking in the living room area and I immediately smiled. I didn’t have to see the rest of the flat to know this was the place.
In a near future I will paint the walls white. You guys know how much I love to redecorate! Yesterday we went furniture-shopping and found some lovely stuff.
I am so happy to start this new chapter and share it with you all!
I have to confess I have had a really hard time finding a place to live. When I was looking for an apartment in Miami it was so much easier. But after long days and walking like a marathon athlete, we found a lovely place to start from scratch.
The new is located in an old building near Madrid’s downtown. It is a very calm and tranquil neighborhood with tons of little stores around it. It had two rooms: one will be Jimmy’s office where he will be working all day long and the other one will be our bedroom. The living room is really nice. We have two small balconies with a lovely view where we can peak between trees and take a glance at people walking.
We don’t count with an elevator, but I think it will do us good to climb some stairs until the 3rd floor everyday (until it is time to buy water and it won’t be that fun at all.)
Soon I will try to go back to the original weekly mode of this blog’s format, but until then, I will be keeping you updated in the «Miscelaneous» section.
Dear Madrid, I have officially arrived!
I am still looking for a place to live and it has been a little hard, but I am getting there. I found some interesting places and some terrible crack-house style apartments but I have the feeling that we will find something we really like. I can’t wait to share new photos of our trip so far and I believe this is going to be a very interesting adventure.
May you all have a wonderful week!