I don’t know about you guys, but me…this time of the year…it means baking.
I was reorganizing and taking a look at my Culinary Tuesdays and came up with the idea to share with you guys my three favorite sweet recipes of the blog. I will bake some new stuff and share with you the process really soon, but meanwhile…let me indulge you with some fun recipes that you can cook this holiday season and share with your friends and family.
Cinnamon Paleo cookies
I made this pie for my birthday. It didn’t last a second after the «happy birthday» song. You should know that you need some time to bake this because it is divided into three different processes. I have to say this is one of my favorite desserts so that is why I learned how to bake it.
Ingredients for the crust:
– 150 gr butter (room temperature)
– 1 3/4 cups flour
– 1 whole egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
– In a bowl mix butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add flour, sugar and cinnamon. Mix with your hands until you have a firm ball. Spread in a pie pan and pinch the crust several times with a fork.
– Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust gets golden. Let cool.
Ingredients for the filling:
– 1 can condensed milk
– 3 egg yolks (save the egg whites for the meringue)
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the already cooled crust. Now it’s time to make the meringue.
– 3 egg whites
– 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
– In a bowl mix the egg whites and slowly add the confectioners sugar and the cream of tartar. Make sure you electric mixer is grease-free and very clean because the meringue will not come out as expected. Mix until your meringue form nice peaks. Pour the mix into a piping bag and decorate your pie as desired.
– Bake for 15 more minutes or until the meringue gets brown peaks.
Thank you for limiting my diet to practically twenty foods. I am working on it and feeling better but seriously, you already make my life miserable so why upgrade yourself like this?
Got it off my chest.
Since going gluten-free and limiting my diet to less chocolate, coffee, processed foods, junk food, wheat and dairy, I have been experiencing 70% less pain.
Sounds wonderful right? Well, it is but it comes with it`s price. This is NOT a trend. Please do not do it if your doctor hasn`t told you so but if you suffer from migraines like me, you should definitely ask.
I want to share some gluten-free dessert recipes that I really want to try. Why give up yummy food when you can switch some ingredients and have them?
1) Chocolate chip bread. This recipe contains yogurt, so I will use chia pudding instead. It has worked wonders in my other recipes.
2) Lemon squares. You have no idea how much I love lemon based desserts. So this alternative is fantastic.
3) Cinnamon roll cupcakes. I can`t wait to try this recipe. It looks delicious!
4) Banana bread. This is actually my recipe. I did a post on it in January. I hope you try it because it is easy and yummy.
5) Angel food cake. This is heaven.