Yesterday I had a very calm and relaxed birthday. This day off was very much-needed. I woke up and had a yummy gluten-free breakfast waiting for me in the kitchen so my day started pretty nice. After that I pampered myself a little and then went to my parents house to spend the day with the family.
At night we went out and had a yummy dinner (sushi anyone?) with my family and Jimmy.
I was very excited to receive a lot of phone calls from Greece and Italy. I got to talk to my grandma who always brightens up my day. I am so grateful for having people who love me and I am so thankful that I got to spend the day with people I love. One of the best things today was receiving a lovely handwritten card from my sister Stefi. When I was a small girl, I would wish for a little sister. Now that I have her by my side I feel like the luckiest person alive.
Jimmy was very sweet all day. He takes birthdays very seriously and always tries to make them special. He got me this giant-singing-flower-candle that was spinning around on top of my cake.
My dad was telling funny jokes all night and my mom was smiling next to my mother-in-law. We laughed, we ate and we had fun.
I feel happy and blessed.
When I was a little girl I used to count the days until my birthday every year. You have no idea how exciting was telling my friends that June 5th would be the day when I had everybody’s attention in school. The night before was usually a sleepless night counting the hours for my special day.
The past three birthdays have been a little stressful. I felt a little anxious the night before because my mind was focusing on “I am a year older now” and “I need to get my life together before 30” or “I wish I was 25 forever”. This year I want to make it special as if I was 10 years old again. I promised myself to focus on the positive and forget about the “get your life together” craziness.
So I want to share with you some things I still enjoy about my birthday.
1) I fully charge my phone the night before because I have a big family in Europe who always remembers my birthday. Bless them.
2) My little sister Stefania always tries to make it special for me. This is one of the things I enjoy the most on my birthday, having her by my side.
3) I love that my birthday this year falls on a Thursday because it is my favorite day of the week. (Maybe that is why I unconsciously named the “OCD Thursdays” on the blog.)
4) I get to eat cake! (I am trying the gluten-free version this year)
5) I get to open some presents and I am the kind of person who loves EVERYTHING people gift me. Really.
6) Fun fact: Emeregildo Zegna and Federico Garcia Lorca share birthdays with me. (And my cousin Babis in Greece.)
7) Jimmy and I have this absolute fun tradition that we call “the birthday week” where we grand each other a week of celebration before the special day. You should try it, it’s fun!
8) Still having my parents by my side to share this day with.
9) I always make myself a gift. (Why? Well… why not?)
10) I am grateful that I am a year wiser, alive and looking forward to more birthdays!
Any other Gemini buddies out there?