Yesterday I had a very calm and relaxed birthday. This day off was very much-needed. I woke up and had a yummy gluten-free breakfast waiting for me in the kitchen so my day started pretty nice. After that I pampered myself a little and then went to my parents house to spend the day with the family.
At night we went out and had a yummy dinner (sushi anyone?) with my family and Jimmy.
I was very excited to receive a lot of phone calls from Greece and Italy. I got to talk to my grandma who always brightens up my day. I am so grateful for having people who love me and I am so thankful that I got to spend the day with people I love. One of the best things today was receiving a lovely handwritten card from my sister Stefi. When I was a small girl, I would wish for a little sister. Now that I have her by my side I feel like the luckiest person alive.
Jimmy was very sweet all day. He takes birthdays very seriously and always tries to make them special. He got me this giant-singing-flower-candle that was spinning around on top of my cake.
My dad was telling funny jokes all night and my mom was smiling next to my mother-in-law. We laughed, we ate and we had fun.
I feel happy and blessed.
Yesterday was one of those unexpected «free-days» and I took advantage of it doing what I like. Here is my day through my Iphone.
1) 6:00 AM. First thing in the morning (after two glasses of water) is my needed coffee.
2) 6: 30 AM. My quick breakfast: «fried» eggs. (They are not actually fried. I used no oil since I have a fantastic nonstick pan.)
3) 8:00 AM. Morning run: 45 min of cardio to burst up my energy for the day.
4) 9:20 AM. Home, shower and get dressed to go out. (I was fully dressed when I took this pic, I promise).
5) 10:40 AM. No going to the office or the studio today so I thought it would be nice to visit my parents. (Random pic before stepping into the elevator.)
6) 11:30 AM. Arrived at my parents and had coffee with my mom since my dad wasn’t home. This has to be one of the prettiest views to have while drinking coffee.
7) 1:10 PM. Had lunch with my mom.
8) 3:00 PM. Went to my old room to organize some documents and Nina kept me company (she is camouflaged by my pants).
9) 4:35 PM. Arrived home to study for a couple of hours.
10) 6:20 PM. Packed my weekend getaway bag.
11) 7:00 PM. Baked next week’s Culinary Tuesday tutorial. Yummy recipe coming next week.
12) 8:30 PM. Had steak tartare for dinner. This was SO good. Thank you Jimmy.
13) 9:45 PM. Worked on the blog and checked my emails. Then went straight to bed.