Last year our Christmas night was kind of relaxed and homey. This year I plan to practically do the same; a lovely home-made dinner and some fun movies. Both Jimmy’s family and mine are far away so we have each other to keep company and celebrate new traditions together.
My mother-in-law and my brother-in-law are coming to visit and spend New Year’s Eve with us so I hope we have some time to go out and celebrate!
I was searching for some make up inspiration on Pinterest and decided that this New Year is going to sparkle big time. I am going for shimmer and glitter!
Here I present you my inspiration for New Year’s Eve makeup.
Lately rainy days never seem to stop. That is the thing about tropical countries: it rains, sun comes up, it rains again.
I have to confess I don’t mind this weather unless I am wearing my bikini ready for the pool and all of a sudden it starts raining. Yes, this happened a week ago. There I was last Thursday extremely happy that I had the day off so I threw a bikini on, embalmed myself with sunscreen and went to parent’s pool. Just when I accommodated myself on the reclining chair, coffee in hand and magazine on the other…BAM!…rainiest day you will ever see in a fraction of a second.
But I still love the rain. No hard feelings. I like raindrops on my window and you may think I am crazy, but I love the smell of wet grass. So since it is raining a lot I gathered a list of six things I do while I am at home when it is raining outside.
1) Laundry. I hate to leave all the laundry for Sunday, so I wash two loads so it doesn’t accumulate for laundry day.
2) I download a quick workout or take out my Jillian Michael’s videos. Just 20 minutes and I feel really good about myself.
3) Watch a movie. Or I usually catch up with my recorded shows.
4) I write on my blog, my journal or add something to my screenwriting notebook. I just adore to write, rain somehow inspires me.
5) I move things around my room and vamp up spaces that feel dull. (Yes, organizing and cleaning once again).
6) I take some time to scrapbook. I never have time for that so when I can’t go outside, I love to take out my crafting materials.
Do you guys have any particular ideas for a rainy day?
Since I came back from my vacation, I am feeling artsy. Yes, that happens to me sometimes. As I got home, I cleaned, organized everything inside and did a lot of laundry. Then I looked around and got into that let’s-give-a-little-makeover-to-the-house mood. So I gathered five DIY tutorials that I will try soon.
-The first one I am going to try is this tutorial from Harpers Happenings. I have a frame that I bought two years ago and it has been moved from place to place with no specific purpose. This is a lovely idea.
-I will spray paint an old rock I have in the balcony and I am going to use it as a book holder like Bri from «Design Love Fest» did in her office makeover.
-There is something about gold spray paint that makes any object feel pretty. It’s shiny and glamorous. Hey! That is why I used it in my blog’s name. Smart girl right? 🙂 I used it in this tutorial too. The picture above is from the Style Me Pretty blog.
– My balcony needs this. I can’t wait to try it! Found this tutorial at www.bloomize.com.
– I would love to try this in the hallway. Let’s see Jimmy agrees to it! Picture and tutorial from http://www.laurenconrad.com.
I would love to know if you guys have any ideas too add to my inspiration board? Let me know!