It was really difficult to bring down to five my favorite based-on-true-stories movies. I enjoy watching something that is based on true events. It automatically brings it to the “real” zone of movies. It’s always a plus when these movies are interpreted by some of my favorite actors or actresses.
1) W/E. (2012)
As I said in this post, I really liked this movie. The story behind it was really interesting because I had only seen “The King’s Speech” and with this we get to see a different point of view of the story behind the scandal of King Edward VIII abdication. Plus the costuming used in this movie is spectacular.
2) Intouchables. (2012)
You have no idea how much I loved this movie. It’s funny and heartbreaking. It is inspired by the true story of Philippe Pozzo di Borgo.
3) Gia. (1998)
Angelina Jolie does an excellent job portraying model Gia Carangi.
4) My week with Marilyn. (2011)
This was based on the book “The prince, the showgirl and me” by Colin Clark.
5) Girl, Interrupted. (1999)
After seeing this movie I fell in love with Angelina Jolie. It’s an adaptation of Susanna Kaysen’s memoir that has the same name.
Do you guys have any favorite movies based on true events?
I like to have a drink from time to time. I usually have wine because I limit my sugar intake. My dad always tells me that if I was going to drink I had to do it responsibly and always drink the “good stuff”. He always tells me “You either drink good quality drinks, or you don’t drink at all.” He is right but I do love my fun frozen drinks here and there.
1) Limoncello. I mean, come on, I named this blog after it. My mom makes home-made Limoncello and it tastes like heaven.
2) I first tried Martini Bianco in Greece. I loved the flavor because it wasn’t too strong. I normally order it on the rocks with ice and a slice of lemon. I have the glass that is shown above.(It was a kind gift from my roommate at York University. Thank you Casey, I still have my Vermouth in it.)
3) Prosecco. It’s lighter than champagne and it is a fantastic “aperitivo” before a meal. (Sometimes, I like to toss some strawberries in it.)
4) Pina colada. I just love this frozen drink. The first time I tried it I was in Puerto Rico and I fell in love with it.
5) The classic Mojito. Who doesn’t love mint?
What is your favorite drink?
Flowers, breezy afternoons, hint of sunlight. What is not to love about Spring? I am lucky enough to live in a country where we have a Summer/Spring climate all year-long. Yes, you heard me; all-year-long. But I still love to celebrate the arrival of Spring this time of the year.
Here my three favorite fashion trends that have Spring written all over them.
1) Braided crown.
2) Pastel nail polishes.
3) Flowy skirts.
Do you guys have any Spring trend you love?