You know those recipes that are extremely healthy but taste like…well…like sand in your mouth? This is not one of them. This recipe is really yummy and has actually no potatoes in it. I love to use it as a side with roasted chicken or a steak and best of all, I can eat this at dinner time.
Cauliflower is very versatile, remember this cauliflower pizza crust and the paleo flatbread?
Ingredients (serves 2 hungry people or 3 not so hungry ones 🙂 )
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 whole leek (green part included)
- 1 garlic head
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat your oven to broil. Chop the cauliflower, the leek and the garlic heads. Boil the cauliflower until tender. Set aside and let cool. In a pan pour 2 tbsp. olive oil and sauté your chopped leek with the garlic until semi-golden. Set aside to cool.
Pour your egg , egg whites, almond milk, sautéed leek with garlic and the remaining olive oil in your blender. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend lightly for 1 min. Don’t over-blend because then it gets very liquid. Pour your mix in a Pyrex and cook in the oven until the top gets golden.
🙂 I like to sprinkle it with some paprika.
I was reading my past posts and realized that I am always in a hectic situation.
I have to sit down and learn to breathe. Between the recording, filming and writing my social life has gone down the toilet. But who am I kidding? I love being busy. The point here is that I have to squeeze in time to do other stuff and relax a little.
That being said, I am going to share with you guys a recipe that is quick, easy and once you learn it, it never fails. So when you find yourself in a busy (or lazy) day, this is your solution.
I made this and Jimmy loved it. This is my no-fail, fool-proof recipe. Let’s take out some tomatoes and let the magic begin!
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree ( I was feeling kind of lazy and used the canned version and I also had half tomato which I grated and added it too)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- handful of chopped basil leaves
- Pasta of your choice (I used glutten-free)
- In a pan saute the garlic with the olive oil.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes in half (easiest way to do it) and add them with the tomato puree in the pan. Let simmer for 15 minutes. Add the salt and the chopped basil.
- In a big pot boil enough water for two portions of pasta, and add salt to the water. Once the water is at bowling point, add the pasta an let cook as instructed on the packaging. Once the pasta is cooked drain it and serve with the sauce.
- Easy, breezy… pasta al pomodoro. Enjoy!
I love truffles and I hate that they trigger my migraines. The first thing the doctor told me was «forget about chocolate» and when he did, I thought I had been slapped. So I have tragically banned chocolate from my life but secretly eat it from time to time (followed by a terrific headache).
Since this week is my birthday (yey!) I thought it would be nice to treat myself. I followed this recipe from Dough Puncher and I have to say I loved it.
I didn’t have any heavy cream at home so I substitute it boiling 1/4 butter and 3/4 milk. Then I measured 1/2 cup for the recipe.