The first time we visited Valencia was not what we had expected so we left with a sour taste and not willing to come back never again. Then our good friend Ivan told us last week he would be going so we decided to give it a second try. (Spoiler alert: in the end…we had a blast!)
First thing first: café con leche in the nearest coffee shop and then some touristic walks around Valencia’s city center.
We stumbled across the Mercat Central or Mercado Central (you guys know how much I love a farmer’s market) and we tried some Jamon Iberico and Manchego cheese.
Time for some modern architecture: The City of Arts and Science was breath-taking.
Since we had a car (not like last time) we visited two beaches and considering it was late Summer, it was rare to have all the beach for us. We stayed two hours in each one and had a very relaxing time. I got to take my arm brace off and sun bathed a little being very careful not to fall since my arm is not 100% ok…yet. (Can you spot my very thin arm? Well I guess it will take a lot of crossfit to gain my muscle back) 😦
Two years ago, I was arriving at Barajas Airport in Madrid utterly scared and also excited to start a new life. Jimmy and I didn’t know what to expect since this was our first time in Madrid. We left behind so many things and felt heart-broken for many reasons.
I remember being scared to come here just for the reason that eventually I would have to leave again. But here we are two years later blending in this lovely city. I didn’t look back: I just said good-by to my family and left. No farewell parties, no calls, no social media «I-am-leaving» posts. We just took our things, our hopes and dreams and left for a better life.
So how can I manage to resume our two years here without making this a tremendous long post? With a list, obviously. 🙂
- Two years, two different apartments. Our first one sans elevator and the second one with a lovely terrace.
- I have two of my old friends from school here in Madrid, but in these past two years I have made incredible new ones. I am so grateful for that.
- We have built a solid video reel with all the things we have filmed since we got here.
- In two years we have changed from one music producer to another (It didn’t actually work out for us, but still keep in touch because they are good friends). Now Jimmy and I haven’t stopped making music because we found our music flow together and we are loving it. I hope to share some new music soon.
- Talking about music, I wrote a song for the SRF Eurovision Switzerland Song Contest and we made it to the final 6 from 400 people! It was an amazing experience!
- I traveled to Paris, Pisa, Zürich (two times) and Thessalonica (3 times). I also made a fast trip to Miami with my parents. These two years have been busaaay!
- Nina moved in with us last year and I was the happiest person on earth to have my little monster here.
- I finished the first draft of my book. It is still a work in progress but I am trying to squeeze the time to actually polish it.
- I work every single day to get what I want, I feel I have made such a big progress but there is still so much to do.
- Finally, I am still learning new things every day. Madrid, you still haven’t seen the best of me. 😉