I have to admit that even though I thought my arm would be useless forever, I am starting to feel a little better. When I say a little better I mean I can move my fingers now and grab a cup of coffee with my right hand again. Still, there is a lot of healing left and I am trying to be as patient as possible.
Some nights I stare at the ceiling (since sleeping on my back is the only position I can manage right now) and think about all the things I didn’t get to do this Summer and all the things that are «paused» until I get better. I have to stop this silly behavior and start focusing on the positive because either way time will pass and it is up to me to be miserable or focus on the good through it all.
Good news is I am writing a bit more since my hand is starting to work a little better now. Still planning ahead future projects and polishing some old ones. I did get to meet Toledo in a small day-trip, I am enjoying my terrace more and with Jimmy’s help I did get to upgrade and organize in a fun make-over my office/beauty room (post coming soon).
1. Sunday trip to Toledo.
2. Coffee with my favorite mug (thank you Ivan 🙂 )
3. Nina’s company
4. Behind the scenes of Hispanic Kitchen’s videos (big thank you to Belen ❤ )
5. I am going to miss sunsets like these.
Are you guys having fun this Summer? 🙂
Lately, I have a new small ritual in the morning; I wake up, turn off the bedroom heater and go to the kitchen to have my coffee. Nina wakes up exactly 15 minutes later (I truly think this happens because she somehow knows that I am the one who turns on the heater in the kitchen). I give my little monster her treat and then she goes back to sleep on my lap while I have my coffee while watching Snapchat stories.
I want to share with you five lovely things in this December edition (most of them include coffee drinking) It was hard for me to get into the Christmas feeling, but eventually I did.
This is my new cozy corner in the house: right next to the heater and some Christmas candy
I sometimes wish I was really small so I could fit inside Nina’s bed and have a cuddle party
They didn’t let us film that day our video clip, but I couldn’t resist taking pictures in this cool location
My new favorite cookies: I am not doing the Dukan diet but their cookies are so good!
Gifted myself this amazing shades: Merry Christmas to me
I just want to take a minute and thank my landlord for having an air conditioning system in her apartment. I am not kidding when I say that I would probably melt if it wasn’t for it. But that being said, this summer has been packed with tons of activities and lovely events!
1) Finding the juiciest cherries in the world
2) Precious moments with my sister Stefi who came to visit alongside my parents and Nina
3) Recording the new album with Jimmy, this project is very personal and I am loving every step of the way
4) Late night games: my dad crushing us all in Scala 40
5) This two girls coming to visit! My mafia: Valentina and Carola. We went to school together and every time we meet is pure fun!
6) In this pic my dear friend’s Maria T wedding and next to her my fun girl Luisa! Still can’t believe this day, we had such an incredible time!
7) One word: Frappe
How’s your summer so far? Let me know! ❤
1) This little cup that reminds me of an orchid
2) Sharing summer fruit with Nina
3) Gel neon nails
4) Baking gluten-free cookies
5) This little girly corner of my room
Smells can transport us to many places; some of them remind us of good times, some of them repulse us and some of them remind us of a specific person. Isn’t it amazing how we can recognize smells? Have you ever thought about it? How our mind clicks with aromas? I think is pretty awesome.
Here are my top five:
1) Coffee. Well this is an obvious one. Mornings go to a whole new level when the kitchen is filled with delicious fresh coffee aroma.
2) Clean sheets. I change my sheets on Friday. It makes my weekend nights so much better. Coming home from a long day and dive in clean sheets is heaven.
3) Basil. This smells takes me back to my childhood and reminds me of Italy. My mom uses basil for her «pasta al pomodoro» and I love her classic recipe.
4) White musk. This was my first «cologne». I remember my impromptu trip to the Body Shop with my aunt Nani and falling in love with this fresh smell.
5) Jasmine flower. Buy one of these aromatic flower plants and your whole house will smell heavenly.
Do you guys have any favorites?