For me the New Year is a good excuse for a fresh start; it is like the Monday of the year. It’s not like after 12:00 pm of New Years Eve you are a different person, but you can be if that is what you want to. As I said in my last Monday Lists post, this year is all about new things for me. What is it going to be for you?
A dear friend of mine told me in our last telephone call «I want to change but I don’t know how or where to start?». So this post is for him and for all of you who would like to know where to start.
1) Get healthy. Feeling healthy is an amazing feeling. I stopped smoking a long time ago and I am feeling great. This is the time of the year where you should focus on starting the year healthy. This is the only body you will ever get so pay attention to its needs and take good care of it. Start taking a walk or take that new class you have been waiting to try. Make time for your physical health.
2) Your mind needs some care too. We often forget that our mind gets tired too. Find something you love doing. There is no greater feeling than finding your element and enjoying what you are doing.
3) Spring clean your social circle. Sometimes we forget that who surrounds us makes a difference in our behaviour. So this year spring clean those people who don’t bring joy to your life. You don’t need bad weeds around you and certainly you don’t need «friends» who criticize and bring bad vibes around you. Don’t be sorry to do it, you’ll thank yourself later.
4) Give love back. We love but sometimes we forget to say it. Let others know you appreciate they are there. Let them know you love them today because good chances are you don’t know if they’ll be there tomorrow.
5) Above all things love yourself more. All the above is about loving… you. I am always emphasizing in loving who you are and loving every bit and tiny part of yourself. For so long I mistreated my body and my mind that unconsciously I let others mistreat me too, never giving myself the chance to see and appreciate my true value. Every single one of you is unique and that is absolutely awesome.