I made this in a hurry and I was loving every part of it. I got obsessed with this costume just as much as the Black Swan one. The horns are made of cardboard, plastic and black scotch tape. I followed Kandee’s tutorial for the makeup and Jimmy helped me with his fantastic photographer skills.
May you all have a fantastic, spooky and fun Halloween!
October is a fun month: Halloween is around the corner, the weather starts to get a little chillier and autumn leaves invade the streets. I am loving this time of the year in Europe and I am glad that I get to spend my first Halloween here. I have to tell you that here they don’t celebrate this holiday like in the US but I have seen many stores with pumpkins and bats here and there.
1) Some of the last roses of El Retiro’s botanic garden.
2) Sunset running before Madrid wakes up.
3) This lovely bathroom at a local coffee shop.
4) Latest acquisition with autumn colors.
5) Jimmy’s birthday! (October 31st)
6) My lucky elephant. (It’s called Eli)
7) Being the only human being under 70 while watching «The hundred foot journey» (which I loved by the way)
What are you loving about this month?
I loved this place since I entered the first time and saw the natural light coming in from the windows. The apartment owners are the sweetest people you can meet. While they explained paperwork, all I did was stand there and enjoy what would be my new home.
I started mentally organizing the apartment and getting really excited how everything was going to turn out.
The first thing I did was clean the place like three times. After that, we had to improvise a lot. We bought two pillows and a blanket. They gave us the key to the apartment at 9 pm. We had little time to buy things for the night but we managed to sleep like babies in our new home.
Next day was all about IKEA : my new best friend. We bought our furniture there and some decorations. I can’t wait to start my DIY projects for the house! (Yes, that peach wall is going DOWN)
What I am going to show you is just a temporary look of the apartment. We have been working like crazy and having strange hours of sleep. But I want to show you how it is coming along.
When I was a little girl I remember feeling a little ashamed of my Greek second last name «Frangopoulou». You have no idea how many nicknames I got thanks to that.
Today is a whole different story. I love being half Greek and half Italian. It makes me feel special. Thanks to my mom I learned how to speak fluent Greek and I love going to Greece and understanding everything.
Here six things I love about being Greek:
1) The food is spectacular. I love Greek salad and feta cheese is my favorite cheese of all time. Not to mention my mom’s «moussaka» and her amazing easter «chureki».
2) My mom and I speak Greek when we want to say something private so no one will understand. It’s a plus when we do it with a little giggle.
3) I spend most of my Summers in Greece and I have to tell you: make this trip one of your lifetime’s bucket list, you won’t regret it.
4) You get to be a smart-ass when you hear a word that has a Greek root. Remember the movie «My big fat greek wedding»? Remember the bride’s father, how he used to tell people that every-single-word had a Greek root? Well, that’s me most of the time.
5) I just love the smell of Greek coffee.
6) I have a tatoo on my left wrist that says «Pistevo» that means «I believe»
I have to thank Andreas Dermitzakis for this lovely article in the Greek newspaper!
Here my tatoo