If you come in into our apartment you will find a tray (or two) in each and every room. They help me organize and also they look lovely. I keep my beauty products tidy in the bathroom and I put Jimmy’s things in another tray so it’s much easier when we are looking for something.
Our coffee table has one that I made and it looks pretty cool. I would love to share a tutorial in a future post of the DIY version. My office and our room has two trays where I keep my little trinkets that seem to have no place anywhere else.
Here some inspiration for you guys:
There I was one day, walking on Halkithiki’s town streets after a long day at the beach, when I saw the most beautiful white kaftan dress I have ever seen. I kid you not when I say it was the most beautiful kaftan dress ever. The fabric was fantastic and when I asked the lady in the store how much it was, I was shocked it was only 30 euros. Since I had no cash I quickly went home to retrieve some money, just to arrive 15 minutes later missing the last kaftan sold to a very nice German lady.
I have tried to purchase something similar ever since but I can’t seem to find the perfect one. I hope next time I go to Greece I will find it…somewhere…I don’t care if I have to haunt down that German lady.
Today’s fashion inspiration is the lovely and airy kaftan dress.
This is similar to the dress I was talking about:
There is a magical thing about pies that make me happy every time I bake them. I love making the Paleo version, the sugar-free one and also the gluten-free pie, but today I want to share with you three delicious recipes I found on Pinterest that I am excited to bake for my loved ones. I tried to look for the «healthy» version of the pies, you’re welcome.
1) Lighter lemon meringue pie (you can find my version of the lemon pie here)
2) Strawberry pie
3) Healthy blueberry pie
Yesterday I saw «Divergent» and I liked it. Well, I actually liked it a lot.
I thought making a post about my fears would be fun. (I have tons of things but I narrowed down to three.)
So I was watching the movie thinking «ok, if this was me, what would they see on screen?». I knew right away, so here my three worst fears.
1) Spiders. I would probably be covered by them and have a heart attack right there. I won’t even post the real picture because I get anxious just looking at a picture of them.
2) Earthquakes. One day I was at my parents house and I felt my computer’s screen moving. It was a small quick movement. The the second time it was a little bit stronger. I got up and from my window I felt my building literally swinging. There is no words to describe how terrible this feeling is.
3) Darkness. I sleep with some kind of light on because I need to see when I open my eyes at night. I can’t be in pitch-black darkness.
So my part of the movie would go like this: I would be in a dark room, covered with spiders and the building would be trembling due to an earthquake. Sound like absolute fun…
Everybody has the right to have an opinion.
I loved this bit of this classic Disney movie because it speaks some truth. You can have your opinion too. But there is a fine line between having one and criticizing someone with the double intention of hurting them.
Next time you find yourself gossiping about someone else’s life, think about for a second if it is really necessary to do so.
Keep the offensive comments to yourself.
There is no need to tell someone how ugly their dress is or how spoiled their kids are. No need to call anybody «fat» or «ugly» or even use the word «fag» or «retarded». Don’t be offensive and don’t be stupid.
When you badmouth someone else, it actually says more about you than the person you are talking about.
I have a little boho-girl who lives inside me. She rarely comes out, but when she does, it’s all about relaxed dresses and numerous rings.
I have been looking for the perfect boho hat lately and I am still on that mission. So for today’s fashion inspiration I found some gorgeous pictures of what I call «the boho hat».
1) Here you can find numerous styles of this hat.
2) The Urban Outfitters one.
3) Summery feeling.
Just in case you didn’t get to see them I want to share with you guys some past recipes of the «Culinary Tuesdays» posts. These are easy and healthy. I always make them and I love them!
1) Greek salad recipe
2) Breakfast omelette
3) Fresh salad mix
No beach for me this summer, just the plain old city. But I will make the best out of it and stop complaining. Last Friday I told you guys I would share my summer bucket list. It’s small and achievable. So here it is:
1) Swim at least once a week. My dad is on vacation and he left me in charge of his business. So that means coming to the office really early in the morning from Monday to Saturday. Yup, Saturdays too. So I am planning on spending my Sundays swimming at my parents pool.
2) Finish my screenwriting script before August 15th. I am extremely loving this new chapter of my life: learning how to make scripts. From dancer to singer and from singer to screenwriter…I am like a little Swiss Army multitool!
3) Have a picnic. I used to have so many picnics before. I seriously don’t know what happened. I plan on dusting off my little basket, add some yummy snacks and use my new polka dot blanket. (I will try this recipe too).
4) Read J.G Ballard’s «High Rise» novel. I want to read the book before the movie comes out next year. (Yes, Tom Hiddleston, I am eagerly waiting).
5) Make these fresh popsicles. I found this recipe from «Gimme Some Oven» blog. Fresh and easy! Healthy too!
6) Try blue makeup. Here is some lovely inspiration with its tutorial.
7) Finish the «August Photography Challenge». I think I just made that up. But it consists of taking a daily photo of all August.
What are you guys planning to do this summer?
This photo was from last summer. We went to Miami to make some music and ended up having an improvised vacation. Those are the good things about loving the work you do. The first days were a little unpleasant thanks to an idiot who calls himself a «producer» (no dear, mumbling in a luxurious studio is not being a producer. Call me when you learn a thing or two about being a decent human being.)
Some days later we met with our dear friend Dennis from Dmenace Music and had a wonderful time in his studio. I forgot how fun it was hanging out with him and his good vibes. We made this song that I shared in a past post.
I miss the beach. I would love to be swimming right now and then have some light lunch somewhere along the seaside. I would love to have my morning run in the hot sand and watch the sunset accompanied with some seagulls.
Oh good times.
I plan on having my little bucket list for this summer even though I will be staying right here in the city. I will share it with you next week.
Have a wonderful weekend! 🙂
This plant is unkillable. Is that a word? Unkillable? Well I don’t care, this plant can’t be killed. If you do kill it, please by any means invite a plant into your home: EVER AGAIN.
The snake plants is an air purifying plant, so it’s great to have it inside your home. I have to confess my snake plants were «saved» from the streets. Pay close attention that I said «saved» and not «stolen». Thank you. They now live happily in my humble home.
I water them once a week, and sometimes I forget all about them. They don’t take it personal when you neglect them, hell, they even understand if you have a busy life!
They look elegant and sophisticated and give a homey feeling to every room. You can propagate them and they multiply fast. I took the picture above from my past post about how I keep my plants alive.
Here some inspiration:
When I first saw this kind of shoe, I didn’t like it at all. I thought: it was either a wedge or a sneaker. But after I saw this gorgeous spanish blogger’s pick, I fell in love with the trend.
There I was one day on a shopping trip looking at the Isabel Marant’s sneaker prices and had second thoughts about it. So I gave up on them temporarily. Walking by I saw the Zara window and there they were waiting for me: electric blue sneaker wedges. Fantastic price and the last pair was my size. To make a long story short, I love my little acquisition.
Here they are:
The first time I tried this recipe it came out pretty awful. Really, it did. It tasted like… well it tasted nasty. So I changed some ingredients and now I am happy with the results.
After it was ready, I cut the pieces into tiny squares and kept them in the fridge in an airtight container. They last approximately 3-4 days. When I was ready to eat them I tossed them for a couple of minutes in the oven. You can make mini sandwiches! They are low carb too.
– 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice. (Make the cauliflower rice as in this recipe. Make sure to drain all the water with a cloth.)
– 2 egg whites
– 1/4 cup flax food
– 1/4 cup almond flour
– 1 tbsp. ground oregano
– 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
– Pinch of salt and pepper
Pretty cool right? 🙂
– Pre heat the oven at 450 degrees. Mix everything in a bowl and using your hands, pat out your flatbread on waxed paper.
– Bake until the edges are brown. It depends on your oven, but I usually leave it in the oven for about 30-45 min.