I made this pie for my birthday. It didn’t last a second after the «happy birthday» song. You should know that you need some time to bake this because it is divided into three different processes. I have to say this is one of my favorite desserts so that is why I learned how to bake it.
Ingredients for the crust:
– 150 gr butter (room temperature)
– 1 3/4 cups flour
– 1 whole egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
– In a bowl mix butter, eggs and vanilla extract. Slowly add flour, sugar and cinnamon. Mix with your hands until you have a firm ball. Spread in a pie pan and pinch the crust several times with a fork.
– Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust gets golden. Let cool.
Ingredients for the filling:
– 1 can condensed milk
– 3 egg yolks (save the egg whites for the meringue)
– 1/2 cup lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest
– Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the already cooled crust. Now it’s time to make the meringue.
– 3 egg whites
– 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
– In a bowl mix the egg whites and slowly add the confectioners sugar and the cream of tartar. Make sure you electric mixer is grease-free and very clean because the meringue will not come out as expected. Mix until your meringue form nice peaks. Pour the mix into a piping bag and decorate your pie as desired.
– Bake for 15 more minutes or until the meringue gets brown peaks.